Services provided include:
- Cable pulling tension and installation feasibility assessment,
- Cable rating reviews at cable crossings, cyclic ratings and emergency thermal ratings,
- Distributed temperature sensing system specification, site testing and commissioning,
- Finite element analysis of transient and steady state heat transfer to model various power cable installation designs,
- Induced voltage calculations,
- Magnetic field calculation.
- Overseeing and review of site works and commissioning for cable projects,
- Review of thermal constraints on existing cables to determine actual emergency load rating,
- Sheath bonding system review and design,
- Thermomechanical force calculation and design.
Tesla uses Quickfield finite element analysis with a suite of internally developed tools to build thermal models of complex cable installation environments.